A Knitting Project Bag keeps everything together. If you knit small and large projects or knit more than one project simultaneously, knitting bags are for you. There’s a variety of designs, materials, and sizes. I share the best.
I reviewed, fact checked and updated this post on March 26, 2023.
Table Of Contents
- Knitting Travel Case
- Luxja Yarn Storage Bag
- Knit Picks Clear Project Bags
- Furls Fiberarts Leather Project Bag
- Little Gray Rabbit Gray Chevron Project Bag
- Teamoy Blue Flowers Knitting Project Bags
- Stitch Happy Knitting Bag
- Portable Waxed Canvas Bag
- Things To Consider In The Best Knitting Bag
Best Knitting Project Bag
Knitting Travel Case
This lovely case fits underneath most airplane seats and is an easy way to transport your projects. The metal openings on the lid feeds yarn through.
- 12″ wide, 6″ high, 5″ deep
- Holds your notions in a tray
- Large enough to hold many balls of yarn
- Has metal feet to protect the bottom
- Strap that can be worn across your body or over your shoulder
- Removeable handles
- Lightweight metal lid. Holds patterns with the magnets included.
- Five lovely colors to choose from.
- Constructed of strong materials.
- When not in use it doesn’t pack down
Luxja Yarn Storage Bag
This has a compartment for storing four yarns. It features an outer zippered pocket and an inner pocket for crochet hooks, knitting needles (up to 8″), scissors, measuring tapes, and other notions.
There are four grommets where you can thread yarn through. The top of the project bags has a zipper to keep your yarn in place. Can use as a crochet project bag too. The handle is on the end, hang it on your wrist or hold it in your hand.
- Large: 11.5″ x 6″ x 6″.
- Small: 8.5″ x 5″ x 4.75″.
- Great for knitting with multiple colors
- Keeps everything organized
- Made of durable canvas material
- The inside is lined
- Users found there isn’t room to keep their project and the balls of yarn in the small version
- The handle is on the other end where the main compartment zips closed.
- If using the holes to feed yarn, you need something else to place your project.
Knit Picks Clear Project Bags
These clear zippered project bags make it easy to see the project. There are four sizes for projects up to an afghan. The smallest is for your notions. The larger sizes feature web straps to hold your project bags or sling it over your shoulder.
- Smallest Tool Pouch – 7.5″ L X 5.5″ H X 1″ W
- Small – 11.25″ L x 10.25″ H x 4″ W
- Medium – 15.75″ L x 11.5″ H x 5.75″ W
- Large – 20.75″ l X 11.25″ h X 8.25″ W
- Easy to tell which project is inside
- Shows of your beautiful yarn
- They have a plastic smell
Furls Fiberarts Leather
Furls’ Project Handbag is equipped with 38 tool spaces and two accessory pockets. The generous interior pocket holds up to 872yds (799m) of yarn. It has a magnetic closure and is black or tan leather.
- Lots of space for different knitting needles
- Leather in Tan or Black Project bags
- The handles are strong and comfortable
- An investment but worth it
- Not for Vegans
Little Gray Rabbit Gray Chevron Knitter Bag
This caddy has eight exterior pockets. You can customize the internal space with velcro dividers. Using the two partitions creates three sections.
- 13.5″ long, 10″ wide, 7″ high
- Take the dividers in and out
- Machine washable
- Soft handles are comfortable on your shoulder
- Without the dividers, the velcro could damage your yarn
Teamoy Blue Flowers Knitting Bags: Good Price On Sale
Perfect for knitting on the move. The strap on these project bags is comfortable to place over your forearm when you’re knitting and walking.
The middle section closes with a zip. Place your yarns in this section and feed through the reinforced holes at the top. It has a back pocket with a zip to store your needle case, notions like scissors, tape measure, and stitch markers. The two internal pockets hold the yarn.
- Quality fabric
- Suits small knitting projects like hats, mittens, and socks
- When using the reinforced holes to feed the threads through, it caught up in the top zipper.
- Not for large knitting projects like a blanket
Stitch Happy Knitting Bag
A popular cylindrical design bag. (13″ x 10.5″.) The four-way divider for the interior holds multiple balls of wool. On the outside are seven pockets for scissors, tape measure, and needles. It has a zippered pouch to store other notions.
- The top lid zips closed
- Adjustable/removable strap
- Slits at the top to feed the fiber through
- These products are lightweight
- The bag can be lopsided if not all of the four interior compartments are full
Portable Waxed Canvas Bag
Features of this handmade product by MagnerCo
- 100% cotton waxed canvas
- Low-impact ink
- heavy duty cotton drawstring bag
- Seven inner pockets hold items vertical
- Sturdy and attractive
- Range of colours
- Can be washed and dried
- Virtually waterproof (2 layers of sturdy, water-resistant canvas)
- Sturdy enough to hold a yarn bowl
- An affordable, regular price, and sometimes it’s on sale.
Consider This In The Best Knitting Bag
First off, consider if you prefer to have a knitted bag you made yourself, or a knitting projects bags made from other materials.
Where Do You Knit?
- Knitting When You Travel? – Think about whether your knitting is stored in a bag or carried separately
- Knit While Commuting? – A tote on your lap is best
- Knit At Home? – Having a larger tote bag won’t matter, you can place it beside you or on the floor.
- Like Walking And Knitting?- A comfortable strap on your forearm is critical. A backpack/body bag suits making on the go.
What Do You Knit?
- Create Small Projects? – Get a smaller bag
- Prefer Larger Projects? – You may need one for your yarn and a larger bag to fit your work
- Like Multi-Color Knitting Projects? – Some bags have holes to feed different yarns through
- Have Many Projects? – Multiple bags are best
They’re a stylish way to keep your WIP, knitting needles, yarn, and tools altogether. Investing in a quality knitting bag makes your knitting life more enjoyable!Have knitting project bag suggestions? Leave a comment.
Pin Now to Save for Later