This article reviews Annie’s Kit Club. I tried Annie’s Hook & Needle Club for a month. It had knitting and crochet options for a color block basket. I crocheted mine! Are they worth it? Let’s see in my Annie’s Kit Club review.
Table Of Contents
- Their Story
- The Knitting Clubs
- Annie’s Hook & Needle Club
- Knit Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club
- Knit Striped Afghan Club
- Love To Knit Kit Club
- Love To Knit Socks Kit Club
- Moroccan Tile Knit Afghan Club
- Other Annie’s Craft Kits
- Business Information
- Which Is Best For You?
Being creative is fulfilling. Annie’s lets you focus on it. Each crafter and skill level is catered to. They deliver craft kits to your home every month! No hassle. Annie’s is a US craft kit company.
The Knitting Clubs
Annie’s Hook & Needle Club
The shipment arrived by mail in a soft plastic parcel bag. It’s cleverly branded with “Open for inspiration” packaging!
I was curious to see what was in the parcel since I knew where it came from.
As the outer bag was transparent, it was an easy opportunity to see the contents.
What Was In My First Kit?
- Acrylic yarn (Worsted Weight)
- Two large skeins of cool gray for the bottom and 1/2 of the basket
- Two smaller skeins of warm gray for the middle
- Smaller skeins of marshmallow white for the top and handles
What I Needed To Provide
- Hook (K/6.5mm)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
Note: I used a Furls Pisces J/6.0mm hook, so I got smaller stitches.
When crocheting, I love Furls Resin Streamline hooks.
They’re comfortable and beautiful. The Pisces hook is navy blue with silver swirls.
What It Was Like Making The Color-block Basket
After reading the pattern booklet, I was confident I could follow all the instructions and make the basket.
It’s great for beginners, because it only uses three stitches
- Single Crochet
- Reverse single crochet
- Single crochet in the back loop
Annie’s has an online stitch guide to help you.
I held two strands of yarn together to make the basket. The kit included two balls of each color.
Starting with the magic loop and working six single crochet stitches wasn’t easy. I tried many times.
Though there was a picture in the pattern booklet, Annie’s video tutorial was more helpful.
This was my first time making the magic loop in crochet.
I sorted it and stitched the bottom rounds.
After the initial frustration, the basket walls and handle section went smoothly.
Crocheting the handles was fun. Single crochet stitches and chain stitches worked well.
A reverse crochet edge looked great at the top.
What I Liked
- Acrylic yarn felt soft
- I liked the white flecks in the cool and warm gray yarns
- It was simple to follow the pattern
- To knit the basket, use the pattern again
- The booklet includes crochet and knitting instructions
- It’s a lovely gift
- It looked great!
- Holding two strands of yarn together made a thick fabric
- Easy-to-follow, straightforward instructions
- The videos and tutorials helped me when I got stuck
- I didn’t run out of yarn
- The basket is a great container for craft projects
- It’s also excellent for storing hand towels, yarn, or toys
What Wasn’t Great
- I found knots in the cool gray yarn in the wall section. Also in the marshmallow yarn during the handle making!
- How frustrating the magic ring was! The technique is probably not suitable for a beginner
- No link to the Digital Stitch Guide in the pattern booklet. It’s here – https://www.anniescatalog.com/pages/stitchguide/index.html
My Final Verdict
The Hook & Needle Kit Club offers high-quality yarn and fun projects you might not think of.
Think of all the time you save not scrolling through patterns! Or selecting yarns.
The cost is affordable, and you aren’t locked in for a set period.
Each month, projects and yarn arrive like a gift! For help with the stitches, Annie’s tutorials are easy to follow. Join today!
Knit Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club
Get the materials to create an afghan in three sections over 11 months.
These craft clubs for knitters provide high-quality materials, patterns, and instructions.
The final kit in the series helps you complete the blanket with a lovely border.
Knit Striped Afghan Club
Choose from five color themes to knit an afghan of various shades.
It’s great for a beginner knitter wanting to try their first blanket in bite-sized chunks.
Love To Knit Kit Club
Try a new knitting project every month to improve your skills.
From accessories to sweaters and scarves, this club has it all.
Love To Knit Socks Kit Club
Create some fun socks for yourself or a loved one using different knitting techniques!
Any time of year is sock season, so stock up on some new skills.
Moroccan Tile Knit Afghan Club
Make a beautiful Afghan inspired by Moroccan design and textiles. This kit includes all the materials needed to create it.
Other Annie’s Craft Kits
Here’s a look at their other clubs and what they offer!
It has something for everyone, from painting, beading, card making, to ideas for your next handmade home décor piece.
- Christmas Ornament Kit Club – Prepare your tree for Christmas all year long!
- Creative Woman Kit Club – Learn creative skills like making art prints and a home sign, and expand your comfort zone. It might make a fun girls’ night craft kit
- Farmhouse Style Kit Club – A world of beautiful accessories, ornaments, and décor for your home. Everything from tote bags and household items to baskets and coasters!
Note: None of the above crafting clubs include a selection of basics to get started, like glue and scissors. Bring your own.
There’s something for everyone in these.
So only subscribe if you don’t have a particular taste in crafts you make with your hands.
Any of these make a great crochet project, whether gifts for your family and loved ones during a holiday or something for yourself!
- Moroccan Tile Crochet Afghan Club – Inspire your afghan with the striking geometric artwork and architecture of Morocco. The result is stunning!
- Love To Crochet Kit Club – Crocheters love this monthly subscription! Everything you need for accessories, garments, and home décor.
- Crochet Striped Afghan Club – You’ll get all the yarn you need for a beautiful afghan. They’re great for a year-long project where you create one crochet afghan block each month.
- Crochet Mandala Afghan Club – Make this gorgeous afghan with all the yarn you need. Patterns, video tutorials, and instructions guide this 10-month series.
- Crochet Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club – The monthly subscription includes yarn, patterns, and online tutorials. Start with basic stitches and you learn more complex stitch patterns as you go.
- Caring Crochet Kit Club – Could crochet help others? Yes! This monthly kit subscription includes everything you need to make a project for a good cause.
- Simply Beads Kit Of The Month Club – Make a unique set of jewelry full of beauty with all the pieces and the types of beads included! Great for your craft stash!
(Children may need adult supervision in following the directions. There’s no suitable choice for a kindergartener.)
These activities inspire your child’s creativity. They’ll enjoy doing Annie’s kits every month.
- Creative Girls Club – For crafty kids aged 7-12. Their imagination is the limit! Make anything from a bracelet to a collage
- Genius Box Club – This kit covers STEM activity boxes for 7-12-year-olds. Make science fun for your child with this item
- Young Woodworkers Kit Club – Get kids excited about woodworking with these boxes
- Cardmaker Kit Of The Month Club – Create a set of 8-10 cards and paper (card stock) creations with these crafting kits of papers for cardmaking
Sewing & Quilting
- Charm Pack Club – Get fabric swatches (called charm packs) for your crafting projects every month. The surprise fabric challenges you to be creative about how to use the fabrics meaningfully for a new project. Also great for baby blankets!
- Daydream Quilt Block-Of-The-Month Club – Make a small piece every month. By the end of the year, you’re done!
- Fabric Strip Pack Club – Receive a unique set of color-coordinated fabric strips. (Usually cotton fabric)
- Fat Quarter Club – Effortlessly build your fabric collection of your own fat quarters with these gorgeous blocks of textiles without having to visit fabric stores
- Holiday Quilters Club – Get inspired by mini quilting projects for all seasons. Gift them or make them for yourself!
- Holly Jolly Quilt Block-Of-The-Month Club – Make a beautiful quilt before Christmas. Lots of sewing machine fun!
Any of Annie’s craft kits will show you how time-consuming crafting is. But it doesn’t have to be hard.
Annie’s Kit Club features quality materials and tools with every box.
This makes creating new things like a handmade gift easier.
Annie’s is owned and operated by three generations of Muselmans.
It started as a printing business in Indiana in 1925, followed in 1975 by a craft supply line.
- US Number – (800) 282-6643
- Email – Contact them via the form here
(Their customer services have resolved most inquiries in a few business days.)
- Ships to US and Canada within a week of ordering (not the same day)
- 3–4 weeks to arrive to members in Canada
- US orders – 6-10 business days
- Subscriptions arrive around the same time each month
- Ships free to US
- $7 Canadian delivery
- Return any kit within 21 days within its original packaging!
- They credit your original payment method after inspecting and processing your return
- Send it with your account number, name, and address
Discounts & Promotions
They offer regular discounts and deals around the holidays and Black Friday.
Here are some ways to take advantage of those. Sign up for their emails to stay informed about the latest deal.
Follow them on social media, as they sometimes offer a discount.
Which Is Best For You?
Here’s a breakdown of Annie’s kit clubs. (Best only for adults.)
Check out their products to boost your creativity and reduce your stress!
- Hook & Needle Kit Club – Perfect for those who enjoy knitting and crochet
- Knit Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club – Great for beginners who want to make an Afghan and want great results
- Knit Striped Afghan Club – Excellent for those who want to improve their blanket making skills in a relaxed, perfect way with a bit of progress each month
- Love To Knit Kit Club – This product is a great place to start with your knitting journey, as your first month is something simple so you work your way up to a lot more challenging projects
- Love To Knit Socks Kit Club – Love the soothing motion of stitching and the satisfaction of completing a small project? Try this one
- Moroccan Tile Knit Afghan Club – This one is for those who want to learn new knitting techniques and make a beautifully textured blanket
FAQS About Annie’s Kit Club
Anything To Be Aware Of?
- They don’t combine shipping costs for multiple kits, so it’s more expensive, though your membership fee stays the same
- Accounts are created when you order. To access your digital materials, use your email address
- Want to change your subscription? Use your password
- While expensive, you get physical materials and a digital project guide
- Their dashboard doesn’t let you track orders. Save the tracking email!
- Price is unclear. Click “Join” to get the prices
- Always read reviews before purchasing!
Does My Subscription Auto Renew?
Yes. Save the pricing details and make a note to cancel if you only want one month.
How Do I Cancel?
Follow the cancellation instructions on your member dashboard. They’ll email you a confirmation.
If you have trouble or any complaints with the experience, contact their customer support for further help.
How Do I Sign Up? – How Does Annie’s Kit Club Work?
Follow these steps on Annie’s Kit Club’s website.
- Choose a club for your first order
- Click join to see the subscription information
- Add it to your shopping cart
- Go to checkout
- Enter your shipping details
- Order and pay shipping
- Await the shipments in the mail!
Is Annie’s Kit Club Worth It?
Kits may cost more than buying the materials and supplies from your favorite online retailer or local store, but that’s not the point.
Every month, it’s like getting a gift on your doorstep! It’s a real treat for anyone.
Customers enjoy the variety of projects they can try. This is one reason it’s so popular! (It has many reviews with 5 stars.)
Returns are accepted, and there’s no minimum commitment.
Read Next – Want more great knitting gifts? See my review here.
The choice of your next project can be overwhelming.
Annie’s Kit Club is an affordable, convenient way to learn new techniques.
Hope you found my Annie’s kit club review helpful.
I’d love to see your projects. Contact me!
Do you like subscription boxes? What are your favorite brands, sites, or companies? Questions? Comment below.
Pin Now to Save for Later