Crystal Palace is a knitting and crochet notions company that sells needles, crochet hooks, and other tools.
Their line of needles includes double pointed, circular and straight needle bamboo products. They don’t sell interchangeables, but some of their products are available in sets.
They are made in Japan from locally sourced, premium bamboo. These needles are polished and cured to prevent things like splitting, warping, and damage from other factors. Guaranteed to last you a long time.
Table Of Contents
- Crystal Palace Daisy Knitting Needles
- Crystal Palace Bamboo Needles
- Crystal Palace Circular Knitting Needles
- Crystal Palace Double Pointed Knitting Needles
- Crystal Palace Straight Needles
- Your Questions Answered
Crystal Palace Daisy Knitting Needles
Daisy Needles were also made by Crystal Palace, but rather than made of bamboo. They were made of plastic.
It appears this line has since been discontinued, but some products are still available for purchase online or at a yarn store.
These are straight plastic needles, perfect for doing larger projects with thicker yarn.
- Needle Size – US 17/12.00mm
- Total Needle Length – 10″
- Made From – Plastic Resin
- Fast shipping
- Limited sizes available
- The thicker needles may be uncomfortable for some knitters to use
Crystal Palace Bamboo Needles
Here is a guide to the complete range of crystal palace bamboo needles.
Crystal Palace Circular Knitting Needles
The bamboo is selected then manufactured to the highest standards to ensure a quality needle. Featuring smooth metal joins and a flexible, strong plastic cord.
Available in a variety of cord lengths and needle sizes, these fixed circulars are suitable for all sorts of projects.
- Sizes Available – 12″ – US sizes 3-8 | 16″ – US sizes 0-15 | 26″ – US sizes 0-19 | 35″ – US sizes 0-19
- Cord Lengths Available – 12″, 16″, 26″, & 35″.
- Needle Tips Are ” Long
- Made From – Bamboo
- The sizes are laser etched on the side
- Smooth, and a polished surface
- Strong and warp resistant
- Flexible, strong cables
- The joins don’t catch the yarn
- Can grab the yarn a bit, but that’s the nature of bamboo
- Not recommended for those who like to knit fast
Crystal Palace Double Pointed Knitting Needles
Smooth and durable, they’re designed to be warp and split resistant, something you want in double-pointed needles! Made from bamboo specially chosen for durability and smoothness, and cured to enhance those qualities.
Available in two different lengths, plenty of range for different sized projects created in the round.
- Needle Sizes Available – 6″ – US Sizes 0 (2.00 mm) – 8 (5.00 mm) | 8″ – US Sizes 1 (2.25 mm) – 15 (10.00 mm)
- Total Needle Length – 6″ or 8″
- Comes In A Pack Of 5
- Made From – Bamboo
- Sizes are etched on the needle
- Durable and strong
- Smooth and comfortable to use
- Warp and split resistant
- Guaranteed to last a long time
- Some may find them a bit too grippy
- Not a good choice for the speedy knitter
Crystal Palace Straight Knitting Needles
The quintessential straight needles made extra smooth with a plant-based wax, steam cured for extra durability, and manufactured with great craftsmanship.
Available in 9″ or 12″ for longer projects, an excellent choice for your scarves or sweaters.
- Needle Sizes Available – 9″ – US Size 0 (2.00 mm) – 19 (15.00 mm) | 12″ – US Size 0 (2.00 mm) – 35 (19.00 mm)
- Total Needle Length – 9″ or 12″
- Made From – Bamboo
- Sizes are etched on each needle
- Smooth and polished surface
- High tensile strength, not going to warp or split
- Not suitable for fast knitters
- Might grab the yarn too much for some
Your Questions Answered
Where Are Crystal Palace Needles Made?
They’re made in Japan, from locally and sustainably sourced bamboo.
Hopefully, this post helped you discover yet another option in the world of needles made from bamboo. Cured for extra tensile strength and made of the strongest, smoothest bamboo they can find.
These are great needles for any knitter, regardless of experience.
Something I forgot? Or have a question? Leave a comment at the end.