When I’m knitting, I don’t want to worrying about stitches falling off the knitting needles! Needle point protectors have different sizes, and they’re made from plastic, silicone and rubber.
The best ones keep your project safe while being easy to remove when you’re ready to start knitting again.
Some people make theirs with wine corks or foam core board!
My Quick Recommendations
- Best For Most People – Knit Picks Point Protector Set
- Best Budget Option – Bulk Protectors Pack
- Best Luxury Option – Point Protector With Cardinal Charm
(Links above will take you to Knit Picks, Amazon and Etsy)
Table Of Contents
Knit Picks Point Protectors – Best For Most People
These pretty purple Knit Picks protectors are functional and straightforward. They work great with a variety of needles. Let the frustration of fixing missing stitches be a thing of the past.
These, made from Thermo Plastic Rubber, come in two sizes, small and large. Each pack contains 2 sets, so 4 in total.
The small size fits US needle sizes 0-5. The large size fits US needle sizes 6-13.
- These knitting needle point protectors wool stay on your tips!
- Easy to attach, there’s a hole in the center of the protector you insert your tip in
- The color makes them a breeze to find
- Many customer reviews say they’re invaluable
- Cheap shipping in the United States & the United Kingdom
- The cost adds up if you want lots, but they’re worth it.
Bulk Point Protectors Pack – Best Budget OptionCheck Price On Amazon
This is good for crafters who want lots and to save money. 10 small and 10 large in 4 different colors. If you’re prone to losing things, having bulk supplies such as these is excellent!
These aren’t the best quality. But you get a reasonable deal for 20 pieces.
The same company also sells stitch markers in bulk.
- Affordable protectors knitting needles
- Use them on the points of scissors too
- Economical shipping to the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada
- Not the best quality
Point Protector With Cardinal Charm – Best Luxury Option
Sometimes you need to put your project down for a while. These delightful beaded ones keep stitches from falling off the needles when you’re not knitting your work-in-progress.
They come in 3 sizes (small, medium, and large) to fit sizes US 0-15 and easily pop onto the tips.
Looking for an elegant yet functional knitting gift? This is an excellent option. The seller also offers gift wrapping, and matching stitch markers in separate listings.
- Looks lovely with the beads and the Cardinal bird charm
- Options for different sizes is handy
- The rubber tips are effortless to put on
- Expensive due to the Swarovski crystals, beads, and charm but so worth it.
FAQS About Needle Point Protectors
What Is A Point Protector In Knitting?
A point protector in knitting is a small cover for the tips of knitting needles. Usually made from a flexible material.
What Are Needle Point Protectors Used For?
Use Needle Point protectors to keep tips from being damaged or stop yarn from falling off when your project is being stored. Especially useful for double point needles and circular needles.
What Can I Use For Knitting Needle Stoppers?
Use a wine cork or foam board for knitting needles stoppers.
How To Make Knitting Needle Point Protectors
We Are Knitters have an excellent tutorial on how to create painted wine corks to use as protectors.
If you have any bright ideas for DIY protectors or have other favorites, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
Pin For Later