Brittany is a US-Based family-owned company manufacturing their needles locally from sustainable, locally sourced birch. Carved and polished with a smooth finish, these look wonderful.
Here is my review of the complete range of Brittany needles.
With their craftsmanship, dedication to preserving the environment, and supporting local yarn stores and small businesses, there’s little reason not to admire them.
Table Of Contents
- Brittany Knitting Needles – Birch
- Birch Straight Needles
- Birch Double Pointed Needles
- Other Brittany Knitting Products
- Your Questions Answered
Brittany Knitting Needles – Birch
Their main line of needles, these wonderful Brittany birch knitting needles are made with sustainable materials and carved to have a lovely shape. Available as straight and double-pointed needles.
Birch Straight Needles
Made from birch wood, the needle is made from one piece of wood, and the end stoppers are carved out of that piece.
Smooth, warm to touch, and lovely in the hand, these make the perfect gift for the knitter who prefers wooden needles.
- Lengths Available – 10″ & 14″
- Sizes Available – US 0, 1, 1 1/2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10 1/2, 10 3/4, 10 7/8, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 & 35.
- Warm to touch
- Smooth, polished surface
- Yarn slides easily without slipping off
- Comfortable even when knitting for hours at a time
- Suitable for tight knitters
- Look very nice
- A little pricey, but worth the investment
- Some found their needles splintered
Want washable wool yarn for baby blanket for your next project? Read my article!
Birch Double Pointed Needles
For those who have experienced their double-pointed needles bending or breaking, rejoice! These are highly durable and robust and are guaranteed to last a long time.
Perfect for knitting projects in the round, or smaller things like hats, socks and more.
- Lengths Available – 5″, 7 1/2″, 10″
- Sizes Available – US 0, 1, 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10 1/2, 10 3/4, 10 7/8, 11, 13, 15, & 17.
- Comes In A Set Of 5
- High tensile strength
- Warm to touch
- Polished finish
- 5-year warranty
- Sizes printed on the side
- A little expensive
- If you have pets, they may destroy these by chewing on them
Other Brittany Knitting Products
Brittany Cable Needles
Perfect for knitting with cables. These are smooth, durable, and don’t let the yarn slip off accidentally. Plus, they’re guaranteed to last for years. They feature a slight bend in the middle to keep the yarn on them.Click to Learn More / Buy from Amazon
Brittany Needle Wax
Due to the nature of the creation process, to get the most life out of your needles, you need to take care of them! Brittany recommends using wax to keep the smooth finish intact and keep them stronger for longer.
Their all-natural wax has a lovely faint vanilla scent and is suitable for all wooden and bamboo needles.Click to Learn More / Buy from Amazon
Your Questions Answered
Where Are Brittany Knitting Needles Made?
They’re made in Southern California, USA, from locally sourced birch.
Brittany is an excellent company with equally excellent products that work well, look lovely, and are guaranteed to last for many years. A fantastic choice if you like wooden knitting needles!
Hopefully, this post helped you discover another excellent family-owned company with a great range.