If you’re wondering where to buy knitting needles online, I’ve got you covered! You find knitting needles at many stores, but where’s the best place to buy them?
I’ve found six of the best places where you can buy knitting needles.
My Quick Recommendations
- Knit Picks – Best For – Beautiful, Affordable Wooden Needles
- Lion Brand – Best For – Affordable, Plastic Needles
- Love Crafts – Best For – Wide Range, Less-Well Known Needles
- Etsy – Best For – Unique, Beautiful, Handmade, Needles
- Furls Crochet – Best For – Wooden Straight Needles
Table Of Contents
- How To Buy Knitting Needles
- Where Can I Buy Knitting Needles?
- Knit Picks – Where To Buy Circular Knitting Needles
- Lion Brand
- Love Crafts – Where To Buy Knitting Needles And Yarn
- Amazon – Where To Buy Cheap Knitting Needles
- Furls Crochet
- Other Places To Try
How Do You Buy Knitting Needles?
Local yarn stores stock all sorts of needles. The people who run yarn stores are a wealth of knowledge and give you recommendations.
Often they offer online purchases and will post them to you.
Online Fiber Arts and Knitting Needle companies are great if you don’t have a local yarn store close by.
Where Can I Buy Knitting Needles Online?
Here are some great places for where to buy good knitting needles.
This is a highly recommended online store offering its brand of knitting needles.
Knit Picks has been operating since 2000. It supplies high-quality knitting supplies at affordable prices with top reviews from customers worldwide.
- Their most popular material is laminated birchwood in many color options, including natural. Other materials offered are aluminum and nickel.
- Excellent customer service
- Their range is affordable.
- High-quality materials
- They offer a full refund for any Knit Picks brand product not performing as it should within one year of the purchase date.
- Their website is easy to navigate.
- Making a purchase online is secure and straightforward.
- Free shipping for orders of $65USD+
- Their range of needles in materials other than wood are limited
For a detailed look at these beautiful needles, see my review.
This is a family-owned business that’s five generations old! They make it easier and more enjoyable for people who love working with yarn by providing the best products available on the market.
- Lion Brand Needles are durable plastic.
- Circulars, Straights, and Double Pointed Needles are available.
- Excellent for beginners
- Smooth surface
- If you don’t like knitting with plastic needles, these aren’t for you.
Take a look at my full review of the Lion Brand range here.
This company stocks a wide range of knitting needles from different brands.
- Chiaogoo, Knitter’s Pride, Lykke, Pony, Brittany, and Addi are a few of the brands they stock
- A range of materials available – metal, wood, bamboo, and plastic
- Excellent range of brands
- All needle types – straights, circulars, interchangeables, and DPNs
- The website is easy to navigate
- Product details are easy to read
- They refund faulty, defective, or wrongly delivered goods, including the original shipping costs.
- Shipping is free for orders over $65 USD
- Use online chat to get in touch with customer service
- There are so many needles available. It takes time to decide if you aren’t familiar with specific brands.
Beautiful artisan needles are available here. Also, there’s a range of customized versions created by talented people.
Knitting needle companies sometimes sell their needles through Etsy.
- Etsy is an excellent option for handcrafted luxury needles made with passion and skill. Often the makers create custom versions for a particular length or size.
- Great for vintage needles
- Beautiful designs
- Custom made
- Needles can be personalized
- It takes time to look through all the options. My tip is to look at the listings with the tag “best seller” first.
A well-known online retailer where most brands of needles and affordable needle sets are represented. They also sell other things for hobbies like art supplies and craft machines.
- Amazon has a vast selection of knitting needles available. There are also customized versions offered in Amazon Handmade.
- Excellent customer service
- Navigation is a breeze
- Free shipping for Amazon Prime members
- Return items for a full refund in 30 days or replacements.
- Easy to search for items in their search bar
- Helpful product reviews by customers
- A variety of circular needles
- Although they offer a full refund in 30 days, there are steps you need to go through to get the process underway.
Furls Crochet – A Beautiful Wooden Knitting Needle
Best known for their gorgeous crochet hooks, Furls also offer a selection of luxury wooden needles.
These exotic wood knitting needles are for knitters who want a luxurious experience.
- Made of different exotic woods such as Teak, Rosewood, and Padauk.
- The trims are aluminum and Ebony.
- Classic look
- Warm in your hand
- Needle Size – 5.0mm (US 8), 5.5mm (US 9), 6.0mm (US 10), & 6.5mm (US 10.5)
- 10 inches long
- Pointy but rounded tip
- Minimal snagging on the aluminum detailing
- Only available in 4 different sizes
Please take a look at my full review of these beautiful needles here.
Other Places To Try
- WEBS Yarn – Established in 1974, WEBS Americas’ Yarn online store offers a vast selection of knitting needles. Popular brands such as Knitter’s Pride, Addi, Craftsy, and Lykke.
- Knitting Warehouse – Find bamboo, metal, plastic, and wood needles from all your popular manufacturers such as Boye, Brittany, Chiaogoo, Clover, Denise, and Knitter’s Pride.
- Walmart – Offering affordable brands at their physical stores and online.
- Michaels – Offer their own brand of needles Loops & Threads® and other brands such as Clover and Prym online or in their physical stores. Discounts are often available.
- Joann – Brands such as Boye, Susan Bates, and Clover needles are available online and in-store.
- Hobby Lobby – Have their own brand of knitting needles, “Yarnology,” as well as other brands like Knitter’s Pride. Read more about their options in my review.
Find bamboo, metal, plastic, or wood needles from all your favorite manufacturers in the online and in-store options above. Don’t forget your local yarn store!
Hoped this post helped you decide where to buy knitting needles from.